Saturday, February 27, 2016

broken crayon

when we were younger we acted like grown ups.
now that we're older we want to act like kids.

no more throwing fits.
now we actually have to deal with shit.

shit.

when i was younger i would throw broken or dull crayons away.
they were useless to me.
they weren't long enough for my hands
or sharp enough to draw good lines.
and if you tried to use them they'd end up
just breaking into more pieces.

i am a broken crayon.
i've been broken my whole life.
it started with a small crack.

now i'm broken into 2,497,183 pieces and counting.

my mom & dad never gave up on me.

i never gave up on me.

each chunk of crayon represents a part of me.
each chunk of crayon draws a different picture in my life.
some i use often.
others not.

but my crayon will never run out.

i may die.
but the broken crayon will stay
with everyone that helped me break all those pieces.

because that broken crayon makes me who i am.

color: unknown



2 comments:

  1. "When I was younger I would throw all the broken or dull crayons away...I am a broken crayon"

    #stolen.

    ReplyDelete

.

.